Mar 20, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
You Darvish had a pretty good outing yesterday. Four innings, four strikeouts. He walked four too, but he worked around them well enough. And he was throwing gas, hitting 96 on the gun.
And Brewers pitcher Randy Wolf noticed something in Darvish’s game that had a lot to do with the gun:
“The one thing I did notice,” Wolf said, smiling, “is that he may have been the quickest radar-checker I have ever seen in my life. I thought a couple of times he was going to drop the ball [from the catcher] because he was looking back to see how hard he threw. “
Hear that Anaheim? When Darvish comes to town, ratchet your gun readings down. It’ll frustrate him if he thinks he’s only throwing 91 or something, and take him off his game.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)