Mar 20, 2012, 8:20 AM EST
You Darvish had a pretty good outing yesterday. Four innings, four strikeouts. He walked four too, but he worked around them well enough. And he was throwing gas, hitting 96 on the gun.
And Brewers pitcher Randy Wolf noticed something in Darvish’s game that had a lot to do with the gun:
“The one thing I did notice,” Wolf said, smiling, “is that he may have been the quickest radar-checker I have ever seen in my life. I thought a couple of times he was going to drop the ball [from the catcher] because he was looking back to see how hard he threw. “
Hear that Anaheim? When Darvish comes to town, ratchet your gun readings down. It’ll frustrate him if he thinks he’s only throwing 91 or something, and take him off his game.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 45
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 35
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)