Mar 21, 2012, 11:39 AM EST
It was Craig’s first action since Game 7 of the World Series, although he was limited strictly to hitting and didn’t run or play defense.
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Craig remains likely to begin the season on the disabled list and may even have to wait a while before being cleared for full-on game participation, but manager Mike Matheny called yesterday “a step forward’ and added that “if he feels good then we move forward … we have to see how his body reacts.”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)