Mar 21, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
B.J. Upton returned from last week’s outfield collision with Desmond Jennings to play in a minor-league game yesterday and was slated to make his return to the Rays’ lineup this morning, but those plans were canceled.
Manager Joe Maddon told reporters that Upton “came in a little bit sore” today after going 0-for-2 with a walk versus minor leaguers.
Jennings is already back to playing regularly following the ugly collision that caused both players to be carted off the field.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)