Mar 21, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
B.J. Upton returned from last week’s outfield collision with Desmond Jennings to play in a minor-league game yesterday and was slated to make his return to the Rays’ lineup this morning, but those plans were canceled.
Manager Joe Maddon told reporters that Upton “came in a little bit sore” today after going 0-for-2 with a walk versus minor leaguers.
Jennings is already back to playing regularly following the ugly collision that caused both players to be carted off the field.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)