Mar 21, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
B.J. Upton returned from last week’s outfield collision with Desmond Jennings to play in a minor-league game yesterday and was slated to make his return to the Rays’ lineup this morning, but those plans were canceled.
Manager Joe Maddon told reporters that Upton “came in a little bit sore” today after going 0-for-2 with a walk versus minor leaguers.
Jennings is already back to playing regularly following the ugly collision that caused both players to be carted off the field.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)