Mar 21, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
B.J. Upton returned from last week’s outfield collision with Desmond Jennings to play in a minor-league game yesterday and was slated to make his return to the Rays’ lineup this morning, but those plans were canceled.
Manager Joe Maddon told reporters that Upton “came in a little bit sore” today after going 0-for-2 with a walk versus minor leaguers.
Jennings is already back to playing regularly following the ugly collision that caused both players to be carted off the field.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)