Mar 21, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts has not played baseball since last May due to multiple concussions. And he missed all but 59 games in 2010 for the same reason. Earlier this month the outlook still seemed kinda grim.
There is some decent news now, though, as Roberts has continued to work out and is slowly getting back into something approaching a normal routine. From an interview with Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com:
I haven’t had to take any days off, which is good. [I’m] starting to continue to do a little more, starting to go out and watch some games and watch some innings and get in atmospheres and environments that I need to reacclimate to a little bit more … it was good to get out there and kind of see some game speed stuff, track the ball and be in that sort of environment again.
It’s not a lot, but Roberts sounds at least somewhat hopeful.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)