Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 PM EST
Corey Hart is making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery, but now he has another issue to deal with.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Hart “got whacked on head by the bar while lifting weights and got eight stitches.”
There’s no indication that it’s anything serious, although Hart did say he has a headache and teams should certainly be very cautious with any potential concussion-like symptoms at this point.
As for the comeback from knee surgery, Hart is getting close to seeing some minor-league action and remains hopeful about being in the Opening Day lineup for the Brewers.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)