Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Corey Hart is making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery, but now he has another issue to deal with.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Hart “got whacked on head by the bar while lifting weights and got eight stitches.”
There’s no indication that it’s anything serious, although Hart did say he has a headache and teams should certainly be very cautious with any potential concussion-like symptoms at this point.
As for the comeback from knee surgery, Hart is getting close to seeing some minor-league action and remains hopeful about being in the Opening Day lineup for the Brewers.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)