Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Corey Hart is making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery, but now he has another issue to deal with.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Hart “got whacked on head by the bar while lifting weights and got eight stitches.”
There’s no indication that it’s anything serious, although Hart did say he has a headache and teams should certainly be very cautious with any potential concussion-like symptoms at this point.
As for the comeback from knee surgery, Hart is getting close to seeing some minor-league action and remains hopeful about being in the Opening Day lineup for the Brewers.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)