Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Corey Hart is making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery, but now he has another issue to deal with.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Hart “got whacked on head by the bar while lifting weights and got eight stitches.”
There’s no indication that it’s anything serious, although Hart did say he has a headache and teams should certainly be very cautious with any potential concussion-like symptoms at this point.
As for the comeback from knee surgery, Hart is getting close to seeing some minor-league action and remains hopeful about being in the Opening Day lineup for the Brewers.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 8
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 94
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (94)