Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Corey Hart is making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery, but now he has another issue to deal with.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Hart “got whacked on head by the bar while lifting weights and got eight stitches.”
There’s no indication that it’s anything serious, although Hart did say he has a headache and teams should certainly be very cautious with any potential concussion-like symptoms at this point.
As for the comeback from knee surgery, Hart is getting close to seeing some minor-league action and remains hopeful about being in the Opening Day lineup for the Brewers.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)