Corey Hart has a headache and eight stitches after being “whacked on the head” lifting weights

Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT

corey hart getty Getty Images

Corey Hart is making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery, but now he has another issue to deal with.

Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Hart “got whacked on head by the bar while lifting weights and got eight stitches.”

There’s no indication that it’s anything serious, although Hart did say he has a headache and teams should certainly be very cautious with any potential concussion-like symptoms at this point.

As for the comeback from knee surgery, Hart is getting close to seeing some minor-league action and remains hopeful about being in the Opening Day lineup for the Brewers.

1. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I hope he will “Never Surrender” to ill-fated injuries.

2. El Bravo - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM

So Cory Hart walks into a bar right?

• Old Gator - Mar 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM

With a small cardboard box. He sits down next to this chick at the bar and puts the box on the counter and orders a drink. Suddenly the box shakes a little. The chick looks at the box and says, hey, whaddya got in there? And Hart says, that’s just Bud, my pet tarantula. And the chick says, come on, you mean you have a live tarantula in that box? And Hart says, yeah, he goes everywhere I go. So this chick just shakes her head and turns back to the bartender and orders another drink. And Hart says, hey, let me pay for that. And she says okay. So they’re drinking and the box shakes again. She says come on, there’s really a tarantula in there? And Hart says yeah, really. You want to see? And she says, okay, and Hart opens the box and, yep, there’s a great big hairy tarantula in it. He closes the box again. Well why do you carry him around with you all the time, says the chick. And Hart says well, because – um, can I buy you another drink? And she says what the hell, sure, so Hart buys her another drink. So she says again, why do you carry this thing (hic!) around with you? And Hart says well, he’s a special tarantula. He does something no other tarantula can do. Ah, I see you finished your drink? Would you like another one? And she nods. Bartender! Anyway, yeah, he can perform an act no other tarantula can perform. He knows how to (static….static…static) Ah, here’s your drink. But I can’t really ask him to do it here, obviously. It has to be in private. He can be shy sometimes, and sometimes he takes a little coaxing…like another drink? And she says, yeah, why the (hic!) hell not, eh? Bartender! Yeah, so anyway, to see what he does, we’d have to go back to your place. I promise you it will be (static…static…crackle…static). So she says what the hell, I’m so sloshed I’m just about up for anything now. Sure, let’s go. So they (static…static) place and he says, okay, you have to take …(static)…down and just make yourself comf…(more static)…(static)…(static)…(static)…so he says (static) come on Bud, you know how to do this…(static)…(static)…(crackle, hiss)…(blink)…no, no, just give him a minute, he’s slow to start some times…(static)….(static)…(Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, we have lost the picture portion of this transmission – we are working on the problem…) (static) …picks Bud up and puts him down on the nighttable and says, okay Bud, I warned you…this is definitely the last time I’m going to show you how to do this!

• brewcrewfan54 - Mar 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

This was the longest least funny joke I’ve ever seen.

• Old Gator - Mar 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Perhaps, but you idiots still let your politicians wipe the floor with you and shove your stadium down your throats.

• brewcrewfan54 - Mar 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Maybe true sir but it isnt much different than what happened in Miami.

• Old Gator - Mar 22, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I absolutely concur with that. And we responded similarly, though more forcefully on the local level – we booted out not one, but several of the politicians who cut that deal behind our backs through recall elections and forced others to resign or not run for re-election when it became clear they couldn’t win.

The difference between us, though, is that I don’t try to find ways to excuse or celebrate our betrayal by our politicians simply because we got to keep a baseball team. The underlying issue is that both of our communities had much better, much more important things to do with the money, and both communities should have told both teams and their billionaire owners to build themselves their own goddamned playpens or go take a hike. If communities would put their foot down and make it clear to their the whorish “elected” (ie, purchased) representatives that corporate welfare wouldn’t be tolerated, where would those teams threaten to go?

• brewcrewfan54 - Mar 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

While I wont disagree with most of your statement I will say that of the political official who was recaled in my area admitted that he knew voting his way would possibly get him thrown out of office. But he did what he thought would be the best for the region over the long call. Those results can be debated by people much smarter than me. Either way I have heard of no claims that Bud Selig gave kickbacks to those who voted in favor of it in the many years since it happened. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen but there’s no proof I’ve found. You don’t like Selig, for what reasons I really don’t care. This all comes back to you saying he did people wrong. I think you would find a large majority of people in the area affected that maybe agreed back then but now realize what a benfit that stadium and team are. Him selling the team certainly disn’t leave anyone heartbroken but we still all remember he is the reason for that team.

• Old Gator - Mar 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM

In our brave new post-Citizens United world, you don’t need to receive “kickbacks.” You just need fat, unlimited corporate contributions – from, say, construction companies, big networked concessionaires, the corporations behind the baseball teams themselves, big PACS whose supporters stand to gain from having the stadium built, you name it. Perfectly legal stuff,much of it even before CU.

I don’t want to argue the point about Bud Light bringing baseball back to a community with a long and proud baseball tradition. I fully recognize that. But I also recognize that he winked at a decade and a half of blatant chemical abuse that soured some of my beloved ballgame’s most meaningful records and statistics, left us with an ambiguous, heartbreaking mess that’s going to haunt the game for a full generation of compromised and suspicion-ridden Hall of Fame votes and sully in advance all manner of on-field achievements which will have to measure themselves against a corrupted record book. I believe Bud knew. If he didn’t he’s an even bigger idiot than he seems to be. Bud hid. His complaisance is nothing short of criminal.

Just to be clear about what the grudge is. You’ve been an honorable and reasonable, if contentious, interlocutor and I felt you deserved to know exactly where I was coming from.

• fflsean - Mar 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM

You mean that stadium that brought 3 million plus fans to the city to spend money…..helping the economy and generating tax revenue that helps thousands of Wisconsinites? You’re right, building the stadium was a bad idea. The tax rate for 5 counties was increased 1/10th of 1%. That is $1 for every $1000. A very small price to pay that has benefitted the community greatly. It’s funny how all the Democratic politicians that fought so hard against the stadium are the first ones stumping the grounds at opening day and playoff games.

3. Old Gator - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:21 PM

What a weltschmerz. Thantos rears its ugly countenance when you least expect it.

• Old Gator - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Thanatos.

Edit function!
      Edit function!
      EDIT FUNCTION!

4. dlindstedt2 - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Is Corey Hart the new Ben Sheets?

5. plumdandy6677 - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Yeah, enough of these wacky injuries already.

6. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM

In other news, Rickie Weeks hurt his neck by bashing himself with a tire jack.

Giants, Royals took unique paths to WS