Mar 21, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kelvin De La Cruz pitch. In the normal course, I probably wouldn’t notice him if he fell out of the sky, landed on my head and started to wiggle. But I am fascinated with his odyssey through the transactions wire this offseason. To review:
- The Indians designated him for assignment and eventually traded him to Texas.
- Then last week Texas, not wanting him, traded him back to Cleveland.
- Today Cleveland has designated him for assignment again.
I feel like I should call him up and offer him a bowl of soup or something.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)