Mar 21, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kelvin De La Cruz pitch. In the normal course, I probably wouldn’t notice him if he fell out of the sky, landed on my head and started to wiggle. But I am fascinated with his odyssey through the transactions wire this offseason. To review:
- The Indians designated him for assignment and eventually traded him to Texas.
- Then last week Texas, not wanting him, traded him back to Cleveland.
- Today Cleveland has designated him for assignment again.
I feel like I should call him up and offer him a bowl of soup or something.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 1
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 3
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)