Mar 21, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kelvin De La Cruz pitch. In the normal course, I probably wouldn’t notice him if he fell out of the sky, landed on my head and started to wiggle. But I am fascinated with his odyssey through the transactions wire this offseason. To review:
- The Indians designated him for assignment and eventually traded him to Texas.
- Then last week Texas, not wanting him, traded him back to Cleveland.
- Today Cleveland has designated him for assignment again.
I feel like I should call him up and offer him a bowl of soup or something.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)