Mar 21, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
This certainly isn’t unheard of, but it’s still interesting.
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Yu Darvish will pitch in a minor-league game Sunday instead of facing the Angels in a big-league game because the Rangers want to avoid giving their AL West rivals a look at their new ace.
Manager Ron Washington told Sullivan that not having Darvish travel for a road game was also a factor, but there’s definitely some gamesmanship involved too and the two teams won’t have their first regular season matchup until May 11.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)