Mar 21, 2012, 12:44 PM EST
This certainly isn’t unheard of, but it’s still interesting.
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Yu Darvish will pitch in a minor-league game Sunday instead of facing the Angels in a big-league game because the Rangers want to avoid giving their AL West rivals a look at their new ace.
Manager Ron Washington told Sullivan that not having Darvish travel for a road game was also a factor, but there’s definitely some gamesmanship involved too and the two teams won’t have their first regular season matchup until May 11.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)