Mar 21, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
This certainly isn’t unheard of, but it’s still interesting.
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Yu Darvish will pitch in a minor-league game Sunday instead of facing the Angels in a big-league game because the Rangers want to avoid giving their AL West rivals a look at their new ace.
Manager Ron Washington told Sullivan that not having Darvish travel for a road game was also a factor, but there’s definitely some gamesmanship involved too and the two teams won’t have their first regular season matchup until May 11.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)