Mar 21, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
This certainly isn’t unheard of, but it’s still interesting.
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Yu Darvish will pitch in a minor-league game Sunday instead of facing the Angels in a big-league game because the Rangers want to avoid giving their AL West rivals a look at their new ace.
Manager Ron Washington told Sullivan that not having Darvish travel for a road game was also a factor, but there’s definitely some gamesmanship involved too and the two teams won’t have their first regular season matchup until May 11.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)