Mar 21, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The worst part of being a baseball blogger is that I never get a chance to pile on media frenzies that go down in the other sports. Man, I would have loved to add (virtually nothing) to the Dwight Howard stuff. To the Peyton Manning stuff. To, well, whatever the hell people get all animated about in hockey. But it’s out of my bailiwick, so I really can’t.
But once in a while, a small opportunity emerges. Like, say, the single-A affiliate of the San Diego Padres issuing a press release stating their desire to trade two mascots for the suddenly out-of-work Tim Tebow:
“We know that Tim was the cause for late-game comebacks in Denver and we have our own leader of rallies, the Rally Cop. We would like to offer the Broncos the Rally Cop as well as the Grounds Crew Gorilla, winner of an MiLB Golden Bobble head last season, in exchange for Tebow,” Storm vice president and general manager Chris Jones said in the announcement.
I’m assuming he’d be a pretty good hitter. He has lots of experience in sending balls to big, open grassy parts of the field where no one can catch it.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)