Mar 21, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
The worst part of being a baseball blogger is that I never get a chance to pile on media frenzies that go down in the other sports. Man, I would have loved to add (virtually nothing) to the Dwight Howard stuff. To the Peyton Manning stuff. To, well, whatever the hell people get all animated about in hockey. But it’s out of my bailiwick, so I really can’t.
But once in a while, a small opportunity emerges. Like, say, the single-A affiliate of the San Diego Padres issuing a press release stating their desire to trade two mascots for the suddenly out-of-work Tim Tebow:
“We know that Tim was the cause for late-game comebacks in Denver and we have our own leader of rallies, the Rally Cop. We would like to offer the Broncos the Rally Cop as well as the Grounds Crew Gorilla, winner of an MiLB Golden Bobble head last season, in exchange for Tebow,” Storm vice president and general manager Chris Jones said in the announcement.
I’m assuming he’d be a pretty good hitter. He has lots of experience in sending balls to big, open grassy parts of the field where no one can catch it.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 11
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (134)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)