Gambling/poop-related tweet of the day: Brandon McCarthy

Mar 22, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT

From the man who brought us the idea of “coffee farts” comes another great tweet about baseball players’ gastrointestinal systems. Take it away Brandon McCarthy:

Hmm, Manny isn’t on this flight due to his suspension or else he may have been my horse in this race because Manny does not strike me as someone with a lot of hangups about things like pooping on airplanes.

I’d never gamble on this sort of thing — it’s just too prone to being fixed by crooked bookies — but if I did, I’d have to go with Bartolo Colon.

1. karaterobot - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I get it.

• cmutimmah - Mar 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

So… it had to be a fat guy that poops first? LOL

2. crispybasil - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Bob Melvin

3. dad95 - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM

COCO CRISP,,hence the name.

4. sportsdrenched.com - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM

From the “Cool Story, Bro” File:

The toilet in that picture lists for $27,300. You can get a used one for half that. And now you can all sleep better knowing there is a “Used Aircraft Toilet” market.

• cleverbob - Mar 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Why the premium price tag? Lightweight, flight friendly materials that can’t be smashed into shivs?

5. bsbiz - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Wow. These comments went straight into the crapper.

6. El Bravo - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM

True story: I’ve never used an airplane bathroom in my life (as an aware being…infant doesn’t count). I’ve been to Europe twice, flown across county multiple times, etc. It’s a personal life goal to never use one, and at 30, I’m winning.

• aceshigh11 - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Winning like Sheen.

• cardinalcrazy - Mar 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM

The question is, have you ever had the need to go while flying? It’s easy to not go when you don’t have to!

• APBA Guy - Mar 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Well, all I can say is, take a good look at that picture and see your future. As you get older, and I say this from experience, and you take longer flights, you’ll face a choice: hydrate or get sick. And if you hydrate, you will face the inevitable trip to the airplane restroom.

And if you think you are studly for making that sissy trip from Hartsfield to Europe, try this:

LAX to Sydney. Have fun holding it.

PS: Please tell Jair to get better soon. Love the guy, but he’s scaring me so far this Spring.

• bravojawja - Mar 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Try a full flight from Beijing back to Hartsfield. I had to hit the head just to get some fresh air.

7. phukyouk - Mar 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM

wait a sec… its only a 12 hour flight? i thought it was like 16-20 hours?

8. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Someday, Brandon McCarthy will become President.

9. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

By the way…good for getting the full SCOOP of this story, Calcaearth.

10. romoscollarbone - Mar 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Airplane toilets are rough. But 12 hrs, I’m going twice.

11. cur68 - Mar 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM

It’s stuff like this that teaches us all why we need women around. No chick would make this bet. No chick would even dream up this bet. None would report this bet, except to convey how grossed out she was. None that I know at any rate. With that being said (and really, I should include a hat tip to the ladies for carrying civilization around with them: left up to us Y chromosome types and its “battleshits at 40,000 feet”) I’m siding with Craig: Bartolo all the way. He’s built like a dumptruck, for dogs sake.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5495)