Mar 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Brantley is expected to miss at least the next 3-5 days with a hamstring injury and Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that “the Indians are taking a cautious approach to try to make sure that Brantley will be recovered in time for Opening Day.”
If he can’t make it back in time for the opener the Indians’ third-string options in center field include Felix Pie, Aaron Cunningham, and Ryan Spilborghs. And they’d also have to find a new leadoff man, although Brantley’s career .316 on-base percentage makes him a questionable fit in that role anyway.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)