Mar 22, 2012, 5:50 PM EDT
This is not a surprise. Two weeks after he withdrew his application to purchase the San Diego Padres — a withdrawal prompted by baseball’s reluctance to approve his ownership group — Jeff Moorad has stepped down as the Padres’ CEO.
Moorard will remain as Vice Chairman of the club and will be responsible for completing and overseeing the Padres’ new TV deal with Fox Sports San Diego. Current team President & COO Tom Garfinkel will assume the CEO duties on an interim basis.
I guess it’s something to do for Moorad that isn’t, you know, running the team he wanted to buy but couldn’t.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)