Mar 22, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Placido Polanco took live batting practice today and afterward said that his sprained left index finger “felt pretty good.”
Polanco has been out of the lineup since injuring his finger diving back into first base Sunday and according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer most of the swelling has subsided, but there’s no return timetable yet.
However, barring a setback it at least sounds like Polanco won’t join Ryan Howard and Chase Utley as Phillies starting infielders beginning the season on the disabled list. In the meantime, Jimmy Rollins may want to cover himself in bubble wrap or something.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 10
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles