Mar 22, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Placido Polanco took live batting practice today and afterward said that his sprained left index finger “felt pretty good.”
Polanco has been out of the lineup since injuring his finger diving back into first base Sunday and according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer most of the swelling has subsided, but there’s no return timetable yet.
However, barring a setback it at least sounds like Polanco won’t join Ryan Howard and Chase Utley as Phillies starting infielders beginning the season on the disabled list. In the meantime, Jimmy Rollins may want to cover himself in bubble wrap or something.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)