Mar 22, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Placido Polanco took live batting practice today and afterward said that his sprained left index finger “felt pretty good.”
Polanco has been out of the lineup since injuring his finger diving back into first base Sunday and according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer most of the swelling has subsided, but there’s no return timetable yet.
However, barring a setback it at least sounds like Polanco won’t join Ryan Howard and Chase Utley as Phillies starting infielders beginning the season on the disabled list. In the meantime, Jimmy Rollins may want to cover himself in bubble wrap or something.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8