Mar 22, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Placido Polanco took live batting practice today and afterward said that his sprained left index finger “felt pretty good.”
Polanco has been out of the lineup since injuring his finger diving back into first base Sunday and according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer most of the swelling has subsided, but there’s no return timetable yet.
However, barring a setback it at least sounds like Polanco won’t join Ryan Howard and Chase Utley as Phillies starting infielders beginning the season on the disabled list. In the meantime, Jimmy Rollins may want to cover himself in bubble wrap or something.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)