Mar 22, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Reds closer Ryan Madson has yet to make an appearance in a Cactus League game this spring because of discomfort in his throwing elbow.
And he’s unlikely to debut anytime soon.
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Madson was scratched from a scheduled appearance Thursday in a minor league exhibition game with what sounds like renewed elbow issues.
“I don’t know what I can say,” Madson told the Enquirer on Thursday evening in Reds camp. “I don’t like to be like that, but…”
“We’re sorting it out,” general manager Walt Jocketty added. “We’ll let you know.”
Madson signed a one-year, $8.5 million free agent contract with the Reds this winter. If he is unavailable for the start of the regular season, Reds skipper Dusty Baker will likely ask Sean Marshall to act as closer.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)