Mar 22, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Gregg has historically been a useful reliever, though he’s coming off a bad year. Reynolds is probably the worst defensive third baseman in my lifetime — maybe anyone’s lifetime — and managed the neat trick of hitting 37 homers while still only posting an OPS+ of 119 last season. The year before was even more special: 32 homers and an OPS+ of 97. I’d call him one-dimensional, but that’s an insult to dimensions.
Thank goodness Chipper Jones didn’t make his retirement effective immediately, or I’d be worried the Braves would be in on that business.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)