Mar 22, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Gregg has historically been a useful reliever, though he’s coming off a bad year. Reynolds is probably the worst defensive third baseman in my lifetime — maybe anyone’s lifetime — and managed the neat trick of hitting 37 homers while still only posting an OPS+ of 119 last season. The year before was even more special: 32 homers and an OPS+ of 97. I’d call him one-dimensional, but that’s an insult to dimensions.
Thank goodness Chipper Jones didn’t make his retirement effective immediately, or I’d be worried the Braves would be in on that business.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)