Mar 22, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Gregg has historically been a useful reliever, though he’s coming off a bad year. Reynolds is probably the worst defensive third baseman in my lifetime — maybe anyone’s lifetime — and managed the neat trick of hitting 37 homers while still only posting an OPS+ of 119 last season. The year before was even more special: 32 homers and an OPS+ of 97. I’d call him one-dimensional, but that’s an insult to dimensions.
Thank goodness Chipper Jones didn’t make his retirement effective immediately, or I’d be worried the Braves would be in on that business.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)