Mar 22, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Gregg has historically been a useful reliever, though he’s coming off a bad year. Reynolds is probably the worst defensive third baseman in my lifetime — maybe anyone’s lifetime — and managed the neat trick of hitting 37 homers while still only posting an OPS+ of 119 last season. The year before was even more special: 32 homers and an OPS+ of 97. I’d call him one-dimensional, but that’s an insult to dimensions.
Thank goodness Chipper Jones didn’t make his retirement effective immediately, or I’d be worried the Braves would be in on that business.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)