Mar 22, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted a similar report earlier this week, also mentioning the Red Sox as a potential trade partner for the 27-year-old starter.
The Nationals were known to be open to trading Lannan and his $5 million salary earlier this spring, but that was before Chien-Ming Wang suffered a gruesome left hamstring strain that could keep him sidelined for the first month of the regular season.
At the moment Lannan, who registered a 3.70 ERA across 184 2/3 innings in 2011, projects to open the year as Washington’s fifth starter. Ross Detwiler would presumably fill that role if Lannan is traded.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)