Mar 22, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted a similar report earlier this week, also mentioning the Red Sox as a potential trade partner for the 27-year-old starter.
The Nationals were known to be open to trading Lannan and his $5 million salary earlier this spring, but that was before Chien-Ming Wang suffered a gruesome left hamstring strain that could keep him sidelined for the first month of the regular season.
At the moment Lannan, who registered a 3.70 ERA across 184 2/3 innings in 2011, projects to open the year as Washington’s fifth starter. Ross Detwiler would presumably fill that role if Lannan is traded.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)