Mar 22, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted a similar report earlier this week, also mentioning the Red Sox as a potential trade partner for the 27-year-old starter.
The Nationals were known to be open to trading Lannan and his $5 million salary earlier this spring, but that was before Chien-Ming Wang suffered a gruesome left hamstring strain that could keep him sidelined for the first month of the regular season.
At the moment Lannan, who registered a 3.70 ERA across 184 2/3 innings in 2011, projects to open the year as Washington’s fifth starter. Ross Detwiler would presumably fill that role if Lannan is traded.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)