Mar 23, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
Bobby Abreu is sort of a man without a position in Anaheim. Mike Scioscia, however, has promised him 400 plate appearances. Abreu, speaking to Lider en Deportes, translated by Nick Collias of MLB Trade Rumors, isn’t buying it:
“I’ve learned not to have much confidence in these people, but I hope they live up to what they told me,” Abreu told Billy Russo at Lider en Deportes. “How long am I going to have to continue proving to people what I am, and what I’m able to do? At times it’s like the work one does doesn’t get appreciated, but here I am, and we’ll continue the fight.”
Eh. Abreu hit .253/.353/.365 last year. That doesn’t warrant 400 plate appearances in most places, let alone a team with as many DH/corner options as the Angels do. If he wants 400 plate appearances, he’s gonna have to produce. It’s not a matter of promises.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead