Mar 23, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Seems Jenks was pulled over for driving erratically, and when questioned, he told the deputy that the “took too many muscle relaxers.” He had dilated pupils, glassy eyes and slurred speech. Then this:
When Deputy Sutphin asked Jenks if he had taken anything else other than the muscle relaxers, he told the officer that he “was going to be honest with you, I was just leaving Babes because I hit a car. I just had to get out of there.”
Babes is a bar. Just before that, witnesses saw a white Mercedes SUV like Jenks’, driven by a guy wearing Jenks’ clothes and with his tattoos, hit another car in the parking lot. When he stopped to look at the damage, witnesses asked the driver if he wanted a cab. The driver — heh, it’s Jenks, but it’s funny saying “the driver” like it might be someone else — got in the car and drove away.
Jenks failed a roadside sobriety test. But to his credit, he told the officer he would fail it before he took it, so +1 for prescience.
Minus a billion, however, for being yet another rich athlete who seems to think that he’s above taking a freaking taxi anyplace.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)