Mar 23, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Seems Jenks was pulled over for driving erratically, and when questioned, he told the deputy that the “took too many muscle relaxers.” He had dilated pupils, glassy eyes and slurred speech. Then this:
When Deputy Sutphin asked Jenks if he had taken anything else other than the muscle relaxers, he told the officer that he “was going to be honest with you, I was just leaving Babes because I hit a car. I just had to get out of there.”
Babes is a bar. Just before that, witnesses saw a white Mercedes SUV like Jenks’, driven by a guy wearing Jenks’ clothes and with his tattoos, hit another car in the parking lot. When he stopped to look at the damage, witnesses asked the driver if he wanted a cab. The driver — heh, it’s Jenks, but it’s funny saying “the driver” like it might be someone else — got in the car and drove away.
Jenks failed a roadside sobriety test. But to his credit, he told the officer he would fail it before he took it, so +1 for prescience.
Minus a billion, however, for being yet another rich athlete who seems to think that he’s above taking a freaking taxi anyplace.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)