Mar 23, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Seems Jenks was pulled over for driving erratically, and when questioned, he told the deputy that the “took too many muscle relaxers.” He had dilated pupils, glassy eyes and slurred speech. Then this:
When Deputy Sutphin asked Jenks if he had taken anything else other than the muscle relaxers, he told the officer that he “was going to be honest with you, I was just leaving Babes because I hit a car. I just had to get out of there.”
Babes is a bar. Just before that, witnesses saw a white Mercedes SUV like Jenks’, driven by a guy wearing Jenks’ clothes and with his tattoos, hit another car in the parking lot. When he stopped to look at the damage, witnesses asked the driver if he wanted a cab. The driver — heh, it’s Jenks, but it’s funny saying “the driver” like it might be someone else — got in the car and drove away.
Jenks failed a roadside sobriety test. But to his credit, he told the officer he would fail it before he took it, so +1 for prescience.
Minus a billion, however, for being yet another rich athlete who seems to think that he’s above taking a freaking taxi anyplace.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)