Mar 23, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks was arrested in Ft. Myers at 3:43 AM this morning. The charges: DUI, property damage and hit-and-run, suggesting that he crashed his car and tried to take off. Here’s his charging report. There aren’t any big details yet.
Jenks was not expected to pitch for a long, long time — he’s on the 60-day disabled list — but it’s not like that makes this news any better.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)