Mar 23, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
We hope it comes with more mustard than a Nolan Ryan fastball.
The Rangers plan to sell a one-pound frankfurter for $26 at concession stands starting on Opening Day. Billed as the Champion Hot Dog, it will be hoisted on to a two-foot-long bun. Toppings included chili, sauteed onions and shredded cheese.
According to the concessionaire, the plan is for it to feed three or four people. Or CC Sabathia when the Yankees come to town.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)