Mar 23, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
We hope it comes with more mustard than a Nolan Ryan fastball.
The Rangers plan to sell a one-pound frankfurter for $26 at concession stands starting on Opening Day. Billed as the Champion Hot Dog, it will be hoisted on to a two-foot-long bun. Toppings included chili, sauteed onions and shredded cheese.
According to the concessionaire, the plan is for it to feed three or four people. Or CC Sabathia when the Yankees come to town.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)