Mar 23, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
We hope it comes with more mustard than a Nolan Ryan fastball.
The Rangers plan to sell a one-pound frankfurter for $26 at concession stands starting on Opening Day. Billed as the Champion Hot Dog, it will be hoisted on to a two-foot-long bun. Toppings included chili, sauteed onions and shredded cheese.
According to the concessionaire, the plan is for it to feed three or four people. Or CC Sabathia when the Yankees come to town.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 37
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)