Mar 23, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
We hope it comes with more mustard than a Nolan Ryan fastball.
The Rangers plan to sell a one-pound frankfurter for $26 at concession stands starting on Opening Day. Billed as the Champion Hot Dog, it will be hoisted on to a two-foot-long bun. Toppings included chili, sauteed onions and shredded cheese.
According to the concessionaire, the plan is for it to feed three or four people. Or CC Sabathia when the Yankees come to town.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 13
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 17
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 143
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)