Mar 23, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
With the Reds still being all hush-hush on his condition, Ryan Madson will travel to Cincinnati to have his ailing elbow examined by Dr. Tim Kremchek on Thursday.
Madson was expected to pitch in a minor league game today, but it was announced last night that he was being scratched. Neither Madson nor team officials have had much to say about the elbow.
“Nothing yet,” manager Dusty Baker said. “He’s won’t be analyzed until tomorrow. He went back to Cincinnati. We won’t know anything until tomorrow.”
Madson looked like one of the bargains of the offseason, signing a one-year deal with the Reds after a four-year pact to stay with the Phillies fell through. If Cincinnati gets bad news tomorrow, it could influence the team’s decision on what to do with Aroldis Chapman. There’s talk that Chapman could be kept as the fifth starter over Homer Bailey, but he may be more attractive as closer insurance if Madson has to miss a chunk of the season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)