Mar 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned the other day, with Jamie Moyer, every outing matters. Well, his latest outing was outstanding: four perfect innings, striking out four. The Giants had a lot of starters in the lineup.
While he had that one really bad start in a minor league game, in nine innings of major league action Moyer has allowed a lone run. At 49, it looks like there’s a decent chance that he’ll make the Rockies’ rotation.
In other news, Moyer had pitched 141 major league games before the Rockies — entering their 20th season — even existed. He’s older than the entire regular starting rotation of that 1993 Rockies team is today. The only guy from the regular lineup older than him is Andres Galarraga.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)