Mar 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned the other day, with Jamie Moyer, every outing matters. Well, his latest outing was outstanding: four perfect innings, striking out four. The Giants had a lot of starters in the lineup.
While he had that one really bad start in a minor league game, in nine innings of major league action Moyer has allowed a lone run. At 49, it looks like there’s a decent chance that he’ll make the Rockies’ rotation.
In other news, Moyer had pitched 141 major league games before the Rockies — entering their 20th season — even existed. He’s older than the entire regular starting rotation of that 1993 Rockies team is today. The only guy from the regular lineup older than him is Andres Galarraga.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)