Mar 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned the other day, with Jamie Moyer, every outing matters. Well, his latest outing was outstanding: four perfect innings, striking out four. The Giants had a lot of starters in the lineup.
While he had that one really bad start in a minor league game, in nine innings of major league action Moyer has allowed a lone run. At 49, it looks like there’s a decent chance that he’ll make the Rockies’ rotation.
In other news, Moyer had pitched 141 major league games before the Rockies — entering their 20th season — even existed. He’s older than the entire regular starting rotation of that 1993 Rockies team is today. The only guy from the regular lineup older than him is Andres Galarraga.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8