Mar 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned the other day, with Jamie Moyer, every outing matters. Well, his latest outing was outstanding: four perfect innings, striking out four. The Giants had a lot of starters in the lineup.
While he had that one really bad start in a minor league game, in nine innings of major league action Moyer has allowed a lone run. At 49, it looks like there’s a decent chance that he’ll make the Rockies’ rotation.
In other news, Moyer had pitched 141 major league games before the Rockies — entering their 20th season — even existed. He’s older than the entire regular starting rotation of that 1993 Rockies team is today. The only guy from the regular lineup older than him is Andres Galarraga.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)