Mar 23, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned the other day, with Jamie Moyer, every outing matters. Well, his latest outing was outstanding: four perfect innings, striking out four. The Giants had a lot of starters in the lineup.
While he had that one really bad start in a minor league game, in nine innings of major league action Moyer has allowed a lone run. At 49, it looks like there’s a decent chance that he’ll make the Rockies’ rotation.
In other news, Moyer had pitched 141 major league games before the Rockies — entering their 20th season — even existed. He’s older than the entire regular starting rotation of that 1993 Rockies team is today. The only guy from the regular lineup older than him is Andres Galarraga.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17