Mar 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
I think we need to stop with the Joba on the trampoline jokes. This stuff was serious, people. And if you’re squeamish, you may not want to even ready this:
Joba Chamberlain lost so much blood Thursday when he hurt his ankle while playing with his son that there initially was concern for his life, a Yankees’ source said … When Chamberlain was hurt, bone was sticking out of his ankle and he was bleeding profusely, a team source said. Paramedics were called and Chamberlain was taken by ambulance to the hospital.
This is just awful. And the compound nature of the injury means that he is at risk for infection and, by virtue of facing the possibility of multiple surgeries, the odds of complications increase.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 75
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)