Mar 24, 2012, 7:03 PM EST
Finally, some signs of life from Justin Morneau.
As noted by beat writer Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, the Twins first baseman hit a two-run homer, a three-run homer and drew a walk Saturday in a 19-4 Grapefruit League win over the Rays.
Morneau, who has struggled with post-concussion syndrome for close to two years, entered the game with a rough .108/.175/.135 spring batting line. Perhaps the outburst of power will give him some confidence heading into the regular season.
The 30-year-old hit just .227/.285/.333 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 69 games last season.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 12
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4