Mar 24, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
Finally, some signs of life from Justin Morneau.
As noted by beat writer Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, the Twins first baseman hit a two-run homer, a three-run homer and drew a walk Saturday in a 19-4 Grapefruit League win over the Rays.
Morneau, who has struggled with post-concussion syndrome for close to two years, entered the game with a rough .108/.175/.135 spring batting line. Perhaps the outburst of power will give him some confidence heading into the regular season.
The 30-year-old hit just .227/.285/.333 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 69 games last season.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)