Mar 25, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
“I am embarrassed by the situation and apologize to my teammates and to the Red Sox organization for any distractions I may have caused. I still need to let the legal process run its course and until it does, I will not be able to make any further comment.”
Jenks is being charged with driving under the influence, hit and run and three counts of property damage.
He underwent multiple back surgeries this winter and is not expected to be ready for major league action until the middle of the 2012 regular season. Not that any of that stuff particularly matters right now.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)