Mar 25, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz was lifted from his most recent Cactus League start after feeling some tightness in his throwing shoulder. But he should be back up to speed by Opening Day.
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, Feliz made it through a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday without feeling any lingering discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to live action Tuesday. It’s not yet clear whether he will pitch in a minor league or jump right back into the Cactus League.
The 23-year-old former closer is in the process of transitioning into the Rangers’ starting rotation. He has registered a fantastic 2.55 ERA and 164/56 K/BB ratio through the first 162 2/3 innings of his career.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)