Mar 25, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz was lifted from his most recent Cactus League start after feeling some tightness in his throwing shoulder. But he should be back up to speed by Opening Day.
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, Feliz made it through a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday without feeling any lingering discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to live action Tuesday. It’s not yet clear whether he will pitch in a minor league or jump right back into the Cactus League.
The 23-year-old former closer is in the process of transitioning into the Rangers’ starting rotation. He has registered a fantastic 2.55 ERA and 164/56 K/BB ratio through the first 162 2/3 innings of his career.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)