Mar 25, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz was lifted from his most recent Cactus League start after feeling some tightness in his throwing shoulder. But he should be back up to speed by Opening Day.
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, Feliz made it through a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday without feeling any lingering discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to live action Tuesday. It’s not yet clear whether he will pitch in a minor league or jump right back into the Cactus League.
The 23-year-old former closer is in the process of transitioning into the Rangers’ starting rotation. He has registered a fantastic 2.55 ERA and 164/56 K/BB ratio through the first 162 2/3 innings of his career.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 4
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)