Mar 25, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz was lifted from his most recent Cactus League start after feeling some tightness in his throwing shoulder. But he should be back up to speed by Opening Day.
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, Feliz made it through a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday without feeling any lingering discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to live action Tuesday. It’s not yet clear whether he will pitch in a minor league or jump right back into the Cactus League.
The 23-year-old former closer is in the process of transitioning into the Rangers’ starting rotation. He has registered a fantastic 2.55 ERA and 164/56 K/BB ratio through the first 162 2/3 innings of his career.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106