Mar 25, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz was lifted from his most recent Cactus League start after feeling some tightness in his throwing shoulder. But he should be back up to speed by Opening Day.
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, Feliz made it through a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday without feeling any lingering discomfort in his shoulder and has been cleared to return to live action Tuesday. It’s not yet clear whether he will pitch in a minor league or jump right back into the Cactus League.
The 23-year-old former closer is in the process of transitioning into the Rangers’ starting rotation. He has registered a fantastic 2.55 ERA and 164/56 K/BB ratio through the first 162 2/3 innings of his career.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)