Mar 26, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Niese had the rhinoplasty surgery in October, but when he showed up to spring training with a new schnoz he wasn’t certain if Beltran would actually cover the $10,000 bill.
Beltran later promised that he would and sure enough Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Niese received a check from the now-Cardinals right fielder.
On one hand telling someone they need a nose job is probably frowned upon, but on the other hand paying $10,000 for them to get that recommended nose job seems mostly nice. In related news, tonight I’m going wig shopping for Calcaterra.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 4
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 20
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 7
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 5
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 80
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (80)