Mar 26, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Niese had the rhinoplasty surgery in October, but when he showed up to spring training with a new schnoz he wasn’t certain if Beltran would actually cover the $10,000 bill.
Beltran later promised that he would and sure enough Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Niese received a check from the now-Cardinals right fielder.
On one hand telling someone they need a nose job is probably frowned upon, but on the other hand paying $10,000 for them to get that recommended nose job seems mostly nice. In related news, tonight I’m going wig shopping for Calcaterra.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 47
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)