Mar 26, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Niese had the rhinoplasty surgery in October, but when he showed up to spring training with a new schnoz he wasn’t certain if Beltran would actually cover the $10,000 bill.
Beltran later promised that he would and sure enough Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Niese received a check from the now-Cardinals right fielder.
On one hand telling someone they need a nose job is probably frowned upon, but on the other hand paying $10,000 for them to get that recommended nose job seems mostly nice. In related news, tonight I’m going wig shopping for Calcaterra.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)