Mar 26, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Released by the Mariners last week, reliever Shawn Camp has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Cubs.
Seattle cutting Camp was surprising because he signed a $750,000 deal just a month earlier and pitched reasonably well last season with a 4.21 ERA in 66 innings for the Blue Jays.
Now he’ll have to work his way back to the majors with a stint at Triple-A and Camp’s deal doesn’t include a spot on the 40-man roster, so the Cubs will need to clear space for a promotion if/when they decide he’s needed.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)