Mar 26, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Released by the Mariners last week, reliever Shawn Camp has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Cubs.
Seattle cutting Camp was surprising because he signed a $750,000 deal just a month earlier and pitched reasonably well last season with a 4.21 ERA in 66 innings for the Blue Jays.
Now he’ll have to work his way back to the majors with a stint at Triple-A and Camp’s deal doesn’t include a spot on the 40-man roster, so the Cubs will need to clear space for a promotion if/when they decide he’s needed.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)