Mar 26, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Released by the Mariners last week, reliever Shawn Camp has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Cubs.
Seattle cutting Camp was surprising because he signed a $750,000 deal just a month earlier and pitched reasonably well last season with a 4.21 ERA in 66 innings for the Blue Jays.
Now he’ll have to work his way back to the majors with a stint at Triple-A and Camp’s deal doesn’t include a spot on the 40-man roster, so the Cubs will need to clear space for a promotion if/when they decide he’s needed.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 3
- The beauty of belief 33
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 40
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 74
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)