Mar 26, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
Over the weekend we heard that David Wright may make his spring debut on Tuesday against the Braves. But the Mets Twitter feed tells us differently today:
David Wright is starting at third base today and batting third!!
— New York Mets (@Mets) March 26, 2012
Wright tore his rectus abdominis (no, not that) earlier this month and has been taking it slowly, but he’s apparently ready to roll. Which represents some rare good news from Mets land these days.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)