Mar 26, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
Over the weekend we heard that David Wright may make his spring debut on Tuesday against the Braves. But the Mets Twitter feed tells us differently today:
David Wright is starting at third base today and batting third!!
— New York Mets (@Mets) March 26, 2012
Wright tore his rectus abdominis (no, not that) earlier this month and has been taking it slowly, but he’s apparently ready to roll. Which represents some rare good news from Mets land these days.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)