Mar 26, 2012, 9:11 AM EST
Over the weekend we heard that David Wright may make his spring debut on Tuesday against the Braves. But the Mets Twitter feed tells us differently today:
David Wright is starting at third base today and batting third!!
— New York Mets (@Mets) March 26, 2012
Wright tore his rectus abdominis (no, not that) earlier this month and has been taking it slowly, but he’s apparently ready to roll. Which represents some rare good news from Mets land these days.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 28
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 36
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 34
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)