Mar 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Aaron Thompson, who was the Marlins’ first-round pick in 2005 and is now in the Twins’ organization on a minor-league contract, has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for a “drug of abuse.”
His track record in the minors is mediocre at best and Thompson was never an option to make the big-league roster out of spring training, but apparently the Twins will keep him in the organization despite the suspension.
Once activated the 25-year-old left-hander will likely be a fifth starter or long reliever at Triple-A.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)