Mar 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Aaron Thompson, who was the Marlins’ first-round pick in 2005 and is now in the Twins’ organization on a minor-league contract, has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for a “drug of abuse.”
His track record in the minors is mediocre at best and Thompson was never an option to make the big-league roster out of spring training, but apparently the Twins will keep him in the organization despite the suspension.
Once activated the 25-year-old left-hander will likely be a fifth starter or long reliever at Triple-A.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)