Mar 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Aaron Thompson, who was the Marlins’ first-round pick in 2005 and is now in the Twins’ organization on a minor-league contract, has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for a “drug of abuse.”
His track record in the minors is mediocre at best and Thompson was never an option to make the big-league roster out of spring training, but apparently the Twins will keep him in the organization despite the suspension.
Once activated the 25-year-old left-hander will likely be a fifth starter or long reliever at Triple-A.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)