Mar 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
I don’t think this counts as an official announcement yet, but here’s Magglio Ordonez on Twitter this afternoon:
Cerca del retiro!
— Magglio Ordonez (@Mordonez30) March 26, 2012
Literally, that’s “close to retirement,” but do you really tweet that if you’re not gonna do it?
Earlier this spring we learned that Ordonez wouldn’t accept a minor league deal and would only play for a guaranteed roster spot and paycheck. That wasn’t forthcoming, so this looks like the end of the road.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 19
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)