Mar 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Last week the New York Daily News had a report about how horrific Joba Chamberlain‘s ankle injury was. In it, there was talk about how Chamberlain lost a ton of blood and that, as such, there was fear that his life was in danger.
Eh, maybe not. Buster Olney had this line in his column this morning:
Joba Chamberlain is likely to speak to reporters later in the week, and he’s expected to tell them his life was never in jeopardy after his accident last Thursday.
I imagine fear for the life of a severely injured person is a subjective thing and is subject to various interpretations. But maybe — just maybe — there was a bit of sensationalism going on last week.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 63
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)