Mar 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Last week the New York Daily News had a report about how horrific Joba Chamberlain‘s ankle injury was. In it, there was talk about how Chamberlain lost a ton of blood and that, as such, there was fear that his life was in danger.
Eh, maybe not. Buster Olney had this line in his column this morning:
Joba Chamberlain is likely to speak to reporters later in the week, and he’s expected to tell them his life was never in jeopardy after his accident last Thursday.
I imagine fear for the life of a severely injured person is a subjective thing and is subject to various interpretations. But maybe — just maybe — there was a bit of sensationalism going on last week.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)