Mar 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Last week the New York Daily News had a report about how horrific Joba Chamberlain‘s ankle injury was. In it, there was talk about how Chamberlain lost a ton of blood and that, as such, there was fear that his life was in danger.
Eh, maybe not. Buster Olney had this line in his column this morning:
Joba Chamberlain is likely to speak to reporters later in the week, and he’s expected to tell them his life was never in jeopardy after his accident last Thursday.
I imagine fear for the life of a severely injured person is a subjective thing and is subject to various interpretations. But maybe — just maybe — there was a bit of sensationalism going on last week.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 26
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 29
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)