Mar 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Last week the New York Daily News had a report about how horrific Joba Chamberlain‘s ankle injury was. In it, there was talk about how Chamberlain lost a ton of blood and that, as such, there was fear that his life was in danger.
Eh, maybe not. Buster Olney had this line in his column this morning:
Joba Chamberlain is likely to speak to reporters later in the week, and he’s expected to tell them his life was never in jeopardy after his accident last Thursday.
I imagine fear for the life of a severely injured person is a subjective thing and is subject to various interpretations. But maybe — just maybe — there was a bit of sensationalism going on last week.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29