Mar 26, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
The Orioles made it official on Monday, placing Brian Roberts on the 15-day disabled list with lingering concussion symptoms.
Roberts contends he making steady progress, but there is no timetable for his return. The former All-Star hasn’t played since last May.
“I told Buck [Showalter] the other day, ‘You don’t know how excited you’ve made me to know I don’t have to start down here and be isolated from everybody,'” Roberts told the Baltimore Sun. “That was part of the miserable aspect to it last year. Last year, it was very important for me to be down here and get away from the craziness. Now it’s important for me to get back in the craziness. I guess the good part it [is] that’s the difference in where I am in the recovery process.”
The Orioles also put Zach Britton, who might have been their Opening Day starter, on the DL with his shoulder injury. Veteran pitchers Dontrelle Willis, Brad Bergesen and Jason Berken and infielder Matt Antonelli were among their cuts.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)