Mar 26, 2012, 8:42 AM EST
With a solid performance Sunday, Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda might have quelled for now some of the near panic over the mysterious loss of three or four miles per hour on his fastball. Pitching against the Detroit Tigers, Pineda reached 94 m.p.h on the radar gun and afterward declared he had not reached his top gear.
“I have more,” he said.
I’d normally say that we could go fully back to DEFCON 5 — the lowest state of readiness — but we should all still be vigilant here and keep things at DEFCON 4. I mean, Pineda could be throwing at 91 AT ANY TIME, and we need to be able to move into panic mode at a moment’s notice.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15