Video of the Day: The Marlins Ballpark home run feature is alive

Mar 26, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT

Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL home run feature:

Look, I know we all want to make fun of this thing. But am I crazy, or is this one of those so-bad-it’s-good things?  Are we going to be looking back at this in a few years and think “man, that thing is pretty cool.” Sort of like we do with high pants and stirrups, the Houston Astros’ old uniforms, mustaches and the like.

I’m not joking. I bet we embrace this thing at some point.

(video via Allison)

1. antlerclaws - Mar 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

What are the possiblities that Jan Hammer’s theme to “Miami Vice” plays when this thing goes off?

2. jimbo1949 - Mar 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

What a waste of time and money.

3. georgebrett - Mar 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM

What in the f### is that!!!!!

4. JB (the original) - Mar 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM

All I know is that on “Cork Gun Carny NIght” I’m gonna win me one of those giant stuffed bears.

5. seaner44 - Mar 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Words cannot describe what i just saw. Should of sent a poet.

6. dallasstars9 - Mar 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

8th wonder of the world?

7. foreverchipper10 - Mar 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I would be ok with this if Big Gay Al came out and danced.

8. Gamera the Brave - Mar 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Gator, no worries, as soon as I polish Godzilla off (been trying to get this fight put together for decades, but big G keeps pulling a Mayweather on me), I will drop by to stomp the shit out of that Dali-meets-Jimmy-Buffett nightmare…

• Old Gator - Mar 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Flatten Tommy first or you get no suck.

• Old Gator - Mar 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM

By the way, have you ever noticed how Don King’s hairdo resembles Godzillla’s back?

• Gamera the Brave - Mar 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Don King has killed more Americans than Godzilla anyway.
        Watched part of Gamera v. Gyaos over the weekend on Netflix. My 12-year-old daughter thought I was out of my skull for not only watching, but thinking it hysterically funny (Sandy Frank dubbing rules!).

• Gamera the Brave - Mar 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hmmm – I was a little short on self-editing on that one, methinks…

Three legends off to Cooperstown