HBT Extra: Previewing the NL West

Mar 27, 2012, 9:57 AM EDT

This was all good until Tiffany admitted to me that she had not seen “The Natural” and did not know who Wilford Brimley was.  Just the kind of thing that is enough to you off your day, you know?

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. phukyouk - Mar 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM

she get fired yet?

• Old Gator - Mar 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Blondes.

2. antlerclaws - Mar 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM

My freaking kids have seen “The Natural” and they were born 15 years after it was released. (Don’t hate, non-Rangers fans, but they said, “Oh, that’s the Rangers home run music!”) Tiffany has a homework assignment. Please tell me she’s seen “Bull Durham”.

3. ptfu - Mar 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Buster Posey’s 2011 stats graphic at 1:22 says he hit 46 HRs with only 21 RBI, which would be quite an accomplishment. Looks like his at-bats got labeled as batting average and his hits as home runs.

4. Jonny 5 - Mar 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

What?? But he was in the movie “Ewoks” Battle for Endor.

• phukyouk - Mar 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

yea…. i saw that movie… in theaters..

5. marklar1025 - Mar 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I dont pay much attention to predictions aside from the NL West and these two have been way off base the last 3 seasons. Not even close.. how do they still have a job?

6. cur68 - Mar 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Agree, Diamondbacks win it. Also agree, mind boggled that Tiffany hasn’t seen The Natural. This is nearly an intervention-level crisis. Someone has to step up, volunteer to hold her hand, and sit with her right through it: from opening credits, to closing. Forget popcorn, this should be a cheese, wine, maybe even bruschetta (if you both have garlic breath that’s not a faux pas, right?) movie moment. In fact, this must be done right: with class, dignity and skill. Obviously there can be but one choice to do this. I accept this challenge and will do my best hold up the finest traditions of HBT commenters and smart-alec my way right through the entire feature.
    Tiffany, would you prefer a merlot or a cab-sav? Never mind, I’ll bring both. I’ll need your address and a time and date, of course. Oh, and I’ll need sanctuary, too. When my HBT girlfriend sees this I’m probably a dead commenter.

• cup0pizza - Mar 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Hopefully for your sake Tiffany Simons likes pretentious know-it-alls who are hung like a newborn.

• cur68 - Mar 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Now, now, stop thinking me naked, ‘0pizza. Regardless of its good for you to be fantasizing about child sized man parts, I’d rather not be a part of your imaginary life.

• Old Gator - Mar 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

No alternatives. That’s the only life the moron seems to have.

Orioles turn AL East on its head