Mar 27, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
According to Fuld his current wrist injury “is the same basic thing as last year” when he suffered an injury while playing the Orioles in September. Even if he avoids surgery Fuld all but ruled out being on the active roster to begin the season.
Fuld became a cult hero during his amazing start last season, but faded badly down the stretch and was slated for a backup role this year behind outfield starters Desmond Jennings, B.J. Upton, and Matt Joyce.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)