Mar 27, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
According to Fuld his current wrist injury “is the same basic thing as last year” when he suffered an injury while playing the Orioles in September. Even if he avoids surgery Fuld all but ruled out being on the active roster to begin the season.
Fuld became a cult hero during his amazing start last season, but faded badly down the stretch and was slated for a backup role this year behind outfield starters Desmond Jennings, B.J. Upton, and Matt Joyce.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (111)