Mar 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
The Tampa Tribune updates the status of the man Rays minor leaguer Matt Bush hit last Thursday. Short version: not good.
Tony Tufano, the motorcyclist struck by a SUV allegedly driven by Tampa Bay Rays minor-league pitcher Matt Bush, was in a medically induced coma Monday, Tufano’s daughter-in-law said.
Tufano, 72, was hooked up to a respirator and a feeding tube and completely unresponsive, Shannon Moore said.
It’s just amazing to me how someone who was given the chances that Bush was given in life could make a mess of it and the lives of so many other people.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 19
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 40
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)