Mar 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The Tampa Tribune updates the status of the man Rays minor leaguer Matt Bush hit last Thursday. Short version: not good.
Tony Tufano, the motorcyclist struck by a SUV allegedly driven by Tampa Bay Rays minor-league pitcher Matt Bush, was in a medically induced coma Monday, Tufano’s daughter-in-law said.
Tufano, 72, was hooked up to a respirator and a feeding tube and completely unresponsive, Shannon Moore said.
It’s just amazing to me how someone who was given the chances that Bush was given in life could make a mess of it and the lives of so many other people.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)