Mar 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The Tampa Tribune updates the status of the man Rays minor leaguer Matt Bush hit last Thursday. Short version: not good.
Tony Tufano, the motorcyclist struck by a SUV allegedly driven by Tampa Bay Rays minor-league pitcher Matt Bush, was in a medically induced coma Monday, Tufano’s daughter-in-law said.
Tufano, 72, was hooked up to a respirator and a feeding tube and completely unresponsive, Shannon Moore said.
It’s just amazing to me how someone who was given the chances that Bush was given in life could make a mess of it and the lives of so many other people.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)