Ballplayers keep getting locked out of their houses, tweeting about it

Mar 28, 2012, 5:00 PM EST

Sign number 3,456 that spring training has gone on too long and needs to end now: two ballplayers have been locked out of their spring training homes in the past two days and have taken to Twitter to alert their roomates/teammates of the development.

First, Brent Dlugach of the Detroit Tigers:

Then Freddie Freeman of the Atlanta Braves:

FYI: there’s still a week of spring training left. Not too late for someone to shoot their eye out. Or to make some weird face and have it stay like that forever.

(Tweets via Allison)

1. dowhatifeellike - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Jeremy Guthrie recently left his keys in the lock overnight and tweeted about it.

2. Alex K - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I just hope they aren’t too close to the T.V….they might go blind!

• phukyouk - Mar 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Im pretty sure that tweet pic of Mcarthys wife is why they are going to go blind

3. Chris St. John - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM

The sign that spring training needs to end is not that players are using Twitter to attempt to contact their house-mates. It’s that I’m commenting on a blog post about it.

4. cltjump - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Freddie probably does this to Jason on a regular basis…

5. charlutes - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

EARTH TO BLOG WRITERS, A REGULAR SEASON GAME WAS PLAYED TODAY? WHERE THE SWEAR WORD IS THE WRITE UP OF THAT GAME? WHERE IS THE FIRST YEONIS CESPEDES CRITIQUE? FOR F SAKES ALL THESE CRAP ARTICLES ABOUT HOW U WISH THERE WAS A REAL GAME TO WRITE ON…JESUM CREPES WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

• Craig Calcaterra - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

You must be new here:

• l0yalr0yal - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM

You went to the opposite end of the courtesy spectrum that I had anticipated.

• phukyouk - Mar 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM

im guessing that he was not worthy of your “you must be new here” Wonka image?

• cur68 - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Yeah, Craig was waaaaay too polite, especially for a guy e-shouting. Its not the fault of the bloggers that some people get up at the crack of 5:30PM.

• diehardcubbiefan4life - Mar 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Excuse me. This blog is awesome. Craig is awesome. All the other writers who’s names I can’t quite remember are awesome. Hardballtalk is awesome. If you can’t appreciate it, then GTFO.

6. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

There aren’t any building managers on-site?

7. burnsy - Mar 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Did my ex-girlfriend give you my NOFX shirt, too?

8. thefalcon123 - Mar 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hey, it’s a Bad Religion t-shirt! My favorite thing that isn’t baseball! Or my wife, I suppose.

I can’t speak for Dlugach, but surely Freddie Freeman can afford a locksmith, right?

9. motherscratcher23 - Mar 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM

BTW – About the Tee-shirt in your picture.

They used the phrase “I’m a Latch Key Kid” because “Hey creepy guy leaning against the tree over there, when I get home I’m going to be alone for a while” was too long to fit on the shirt.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5200)
  2. M. Kemp (3582)
  3. J. Upton (2873)
  4. J. Kang (2869)
  5. C. McGehee (2761)
  1. W. Middlebrooks (2760)
  2. M. Morse (2440)