Mar 28, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Sign number 3,456 that spring training has gone on too long and needs to end now: two ballplayers have been locked out of their spring training homes in the past two days and have taken to Twitter to alert their roomates/teammates of the development.
First, Brent Dlugach of the Detroit Tigers:
— Brent Dlugach (@bdlugach) March 27, 2012
Then Freddie Freeman of the Atlanta Braves:
Hurry up @JasonHeyward! I’m locked out of the house…(trying all types of communication to hurry him up)
— Freddie Freeman (@FreddieFreeman) March 28, 2012
FYI: there’s still a week of spring training left. Not too late for someone to shoot their eye out. Or to make some weird face and have it stay like that forever.
(Tweets via Allison)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)