Mar 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
So much for Cristian Guzman‘s comeback.
This morning the Indians released Guzman, who signed a minor-league deal last month after sitting out all of last season due to personal issues.
Guzman had been trying to win a bench spot, but the 34-year-old former All-Star shortstop has been sidelined by a hamstring injury and never impressed.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer passes along word that the Phillies “might be interested” in the wake of seemingly every infielder in the entire organization getting hurt.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)