Mar 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
So much for Cristian Guzman‘s comeback.
This morning the Indians released Guzman, who signed a minor-league deal last month after sitting out all of last season due to personal issues.
Guzman had been trying to win a bench spot, but the 34-year-old former All-Star shortstop has been sidelined by a hamstring injury and never impressed.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer passes along word that the Phillies “might be interested” in the wake of seemingly every infielder in the entire organization getting hurt.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)