Mar 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
So much for Cristian Guzman‘s comeback.
This morning the Indians released Guzman, who signed a minor-league deal last month after sitting out all of last season due to personal issues.
Guzman had been trying to win a bench spot, but the 34-year-old former All-Star shortstop has been sidelined by a hamstring injury and never impressed.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer passes along word that the Phillies “might be interested” in the wake of seemingly every infielder in the entire organization getting hurt.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)