Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Any worries about Neftali Feliz‘s sore shoulder can probably be put to rest for now, as the right-hander threw four innings against a Double-A lineup yesterday and said afterward: “I feel like I’m ready for the season.”
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz topped out at 96 miles per hour against Royals minor leaguers and threw 41 of 68 pitches for strikes, although he did cough up three runs.
“I feel good, and my arm feels good,” Feliz told Wilson, which is great news for the Rangers after he exited last week’s start early and had this week’s outing pushed back.
It’s all systems go for Feliz’s long-awaited move to the rotation.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)