Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Any worries about Neftali Feliz‘s sore shoulder can probably be put to rest for now, as the right-hander threw four innings against a Double-A lineup yesterday and said afterward: “I feel like I’m ready for the season.”
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz topped out at 96 miles per hour against Royals minor leaguers and threw 41 of 68 pitches for strikes, although he did cough up three runs.
“I feel good, and my arm feels good,” Feliz told Wilson, which is great news for the Rangers after he exited last week’s start early and had this week’s outing pushed back.
It’s all systems go for Feliz’s long-awaited move to the rotation.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)