Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Any worries about Neftali Feliz‘s sore shoulder can probably be put to rest for now, as the right-hander threw four innings against a Double-A lineup yesterday and said afterward: “I feel like I’m ready for the season.”
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz topped out at 96 miles per hour against Royals minor leaguers and threw 41 of 68 pitches for strikes, although he did cough up three runs.
“I feel good, and my arm feels good,” Feliz told Wilson, which is great news for the Rangers after he exited last week’s start early and had this week’s outing pushed back.
It’s all systems go for Feliz’s long-awaited move to the rotation.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)