Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Any worries about Neftali Feliz‘s sore shoulder can probably be put to rest for now, as the right-hander threw four innings against a Double-A lineup yesterday and said afterward: “I feel like I’m ready for the season.”
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz topped out at 96 miles per hour against Royals minor leaguers and threw 41 of 68 pitches for strikes, although he did cough up three runs.
“I feel good, and my arm feels good,” Feliz told Wilson, which is great news for the Rangers after he exited last week’s start early and had this week’s outing pushed back.
It’s all systems go for Feliz’s long-awaited move to the rotation.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)