Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Any worries about Neftali Feliz‘s sore shoulder can probably be put to rest for now, as the right-hander threw four innings against a Double-A lineup yesterday and said afterward: “I feel like I’m ready for the season.”
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz topped out at 96 miles per hour against Royals minor leaguers and threw 41 of 68 pitches for strikes, although he did cough up three runs.
“I feel good, and my arm feels good,” Feliz told Wilson, which is great news for the Rangers after he exited last week’s start early and had this week’s outing pushed back.
It’s all systems go for Feliz’s long-awaited move to the rotation.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 94
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 32
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)