Mar 28, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Progressive in terms of energy anyway: the Indians installed a wind turbine on the roof of the ballpark. And, in addition to alternative energy, it will provide entertainment:
With the turbine installed and lit from within by colored LED lights, the Indians will turn next to engaging fans with interactive digital kiosks about wind energy. Fans will be able to pedal away on stationary bikes installed around the ballpark to try and generate as much power as the turbine.
Clean energy! Making Ohioans lose all that beer and bratwurst weight! Why, if they get rid of their racist mascot, the Indians will be the most forward-thinking team in baseball!
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40