Quote of the Day: Jon Heyman on Jamie McCourt’s worth

Mar 28, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT

Combination of file photos of Frank and Jamie McCourt during their divorce trial in Los Angeles

Jon Heyman literally made me laugh out loud with this one:

Wonder if jamie mccourt has any 2nd thoughts. Turns out the parking lot ($150M) was worth more than her ($130M)

That was what Jamie took to walk away from all of the litigation. And at the time it seemed OK, because it looked like Frank would be lucky to walk away from all of this with his head above water.  But, man, that settlement is lookin’ pretty bad right now, no?

At least until Jamie finds some way to reopen the litigation and attempts to squeeze some more out of old Frank.

1. cur68 - Mar 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

So long as they do it far away from the Dodgers, I hope they continue to claw away at each other. Doubtless, even as we back and forth on this in the comments, Gloria Allred, or someone of similar ilk, is burning up the phone line to Jamie: “sue Jamie, sue…and let ME be your lawyer!”

2. brokea$$lovesmesomeme - Mar 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I didn’t know Jamie was a Boras client.

3. largebill - Mar 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Might explain her creative “Opt-out” clause.

4. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

They can go to McCourt all they McWant outside of McBaseball. I hope this is one of the last days we have to hear about this prick couple again. Wishful thinking, I know.

5. Francisco (FC) - Mar 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The new ultimate insult: “My parking space is worth more than you!”

6. InFact - Mar 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

How about deleting the word “literally” in the lead sentence?

If you do, it reads the same and still makes sense.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Literally.

• shamrock22 - Mar 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Or, he could keep it in and it would read exactly the same and still make sense. It’s a blurb, not an English paper.

• Craig Calcaterra - Mar 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Or I could keep it in there because it serves a purpose. I actually did — in a very literal sense — laughed out loud. Which contrasts with the LOL version of laugh out loud which people use to mean “found something funny.” I more than found it funny. I literally did laugh out loud.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM

On a similar note, have you considered an all-LOLcats article, Craig?

• stlouis1baseball - Mar 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Mrs. Reynolds: On behalf of Craig…thank you for the literature lesson.

7. kwphilly4for4 - Mar 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Very Random Comment, but couldn’t find Craig’s e-mail address

Craig,

My comment has nothing to do with this particular article, but does was wondering if this topic ever comes up.

The DH, this year we all laughed at the Astros new owner who “sold out” and took extra money to move the ‘stros to the American League, however, after this off season and the Spring Training Season, I am not so sure.

I am a purist but I am really starting to think that the league’s need to come up with a uniform system. The AL teams are starting to have a decided advantage in signing players and structuring contracts because the players can play DH in the 8 – 10th year or even sooner. If the Phillie’s were an American League team would Utley need to take another ground ball? Would Howard have worn down? What about Burnett getting hit in the eye with that bunt?

It just seems the game is changing and something has to give here. Pujols and Fielder are blazing the path to the AL and I don’t see that stopping. I love the double switch as much as the next guy, but it may be prime time to have the conversation right now.

8. umrguy42 - Mar 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I’m personally curious if it affects the Stow family’s claims against the Dodgers and McCourt (they are still suing Franky-boy personally, too, right?)

• joelgold - Mar 29, 2012 at 4:38 AM

That would be way cool if McCourts undeserved riches went to the Stow family. Nobody should make that kind of profit for running a storied franchise into the ground. And that is from a lifelong Giants fan.

9. mungman69 - Mar 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Cole Hamels is a free agent after this year. How much will the Dodgers offer Hamels? How much will the Phillies offer?

10. ktgooch - Mar 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM

cant get the Pretty Woman scene out of my head. “You work on commission right? big mistake huge mistake”

11. barroomhero80 - Mar 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM

that c–t is just as bad as her ex husband… that bit– and douchebag should be barred from ever stepping into the state

• fearlessleader - Mar 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I can’t stand them either, but no need to use sexist slurs.

• patg1041 - Mar 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thank god someone said something. I was worried all the other cunts out there were going to be offended by the comparison to Jamie McCourt.

12. jwbiii - Mar 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Although I am not personally familiar with either, from what I’ve read, both Jamie McCourt and the Dodger parking lots are pretty annoying. However, the parking lots don’t have affairs with the hired help, so they’re probably worth 15% more.

13. jkaflagg - Mar 28, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Jamie probably did the right to take the $130 million; it’s pretty clear that no one is going to beat Frank in court, not least Jamie or the Bud Selig clown show. And for those lamenting McCourt “walking away” with $1 billion+, that’s not really true; he kept a stake in the Chavez Ravine property, and when the development of that property inevitably begins, he’ll profit yet again…..

Face it, LA…..he’s got your money and he’s gonna get more……

14. dnc6 - Mar 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

This was the second best Heyman line of the day. I really enjoyed how much his tweet about Lackey shows his lack of self-awareness.

15. losangelasbasketball - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM

would you trade your lives to have his if it meant losing the respect of a few baseball fans? Real. let the thumbs up clicks rain….

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3697)