Mar 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
HardballTalk has turned into RedsBullpenTalk today, so here’s the latest: Nick Masset has been diagnosed with shoulder inflammation and will begin the season on the disabled list, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Baker told Fay that Masset will be shut down for a week and “hopefully he’ll miss a minimal amount of time” with the injury to his rotator cuff.
Masset originally felt soreness on March 7, sat out 12 days, returned to make two appearances, and was shut down again.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (207)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)