Mar 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
HardballTalk has turned into RedsBullpenTalk today, so here’s the latest: Nick Masset has been diagnosed with shoulder inflammation and will begin the season on the disabled list, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Baker told Fay that Masset will be shut down for a week and “hopefully he’ll miss a minimal amount of time” with the injury to his rotator cuff.
Masset originally felt soreness on March 7, sat out 12 days, returned to make two appearances, and was shut down again.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)