Mar 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
HardballTalk has turned into RedsBullpenTalk today, so here’s the latest: Nick Masset has been diagnosed with shoulder inflammation and will begin the season on the disabled list, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Baker told Fay that Masset will be shut down for a week and “hopefully he’ll miss a minimal amount of time” with the injury to his rotator cuff.
Masset originally felt soreness on March 7, sat out 12 days, returned to make two appearances, and was shut down again.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 7
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)