Mar 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
HardballTalk has turned into RedsBullpenTalk today, so here’s the latest: Nick Masset has been diagnosed with shoulder inflammation and will begin the season on the disabled list, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Baker told Fay that Masset will be shut down for a week and “hopefully he’ll miss a minimal amount of time” with the injury to his rotator cuff.
Masset originally felt soreness on March 7, sat out 12 days, returned to make two appearances, and was shut down again.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 1
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)