Mar 28, 2012, 6:20 AM EDT
I’m watching the Mariners-A’s game on MLB.tv. It just began a couple of minutes ago. The Root sports broadcasters are doing the game via video while back home in Seattle. That’s special.
Ichiro came to bat with two outs in the first inning, worked the count full off Brandon McCarthy and then chopped one off the turf over McCarthy’s head for an infield hit. How very Ichiro. Then Justin Smoak struck out.
The A’s are just coming to bat. Yoenis Cespedes is batting seventh for some reason.
Baseball at 6:20 AM? That’s OK. Works for me.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 8
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)