Mar 28, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
This has virtually zero baseball significance, but some people like dynasties, so we pass it along: the Yankees have released Preston Mattingly, son of Don.
In six seasons in the minors, Mattingly has put up a line of .232/.276./335. Both his father’s current employer and his father’s former employer released him, so you have to figure that’s it for him.
At least as a player. Maybe he can be Magic Johnson’s special assistant for Mattingly-relations or something.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17