Mar 28, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
This has virtually zero baseball significance, but some people like dynasties, so we pass it along: the Yankees have released Preston Mattingly, son of Don.
In six seasons in the minors, Mattingly has put up a line of .232/.276./335. Both his father’s current employer and his father’s former employer released him, so you have to figure that’s it for him.
At least as a player. Maybe he can be Magic Johnson’s special assistant for Mattingly-relations or something.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)