Mar 29, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
Is Bobby V playing the “nobody believes in us” card already?
Asked about the lower expectations for the Red Sox entering 2012, Bobby Valentine said, “(We’re) not the ‘best team ever assembled’ this year. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I know that, over history, that’s been good for some and bad some for some.”
“It’s just what it is.”
Valentine said he has “great expectations” and that he sees the Red Sox making the playoffs. It’s a reasonable expectation, though with two rotation spots still up for grabs and question marks at shortstop and in the outfield, the Red Sox are less settled than they have been in several years.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)