Don Mattingly calls Ozzie Guillen “a little sh*t”

Mar 29, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT

Miami Marlins manager Guillen talks during workouts before a spring training baseball game against the Boston Red Sox in Fort Myers

Sadly, there was no malice in it. He was just talking about how Guillen runs his mouth all the time and tries to get under people’s skin. Guillen has admitted that multiple times. Video/audio of Mattingly on the Dan Patrick Show saying so is here.

Now, between him being a butt man and being a little sh*t, I think that’s the end of Ozzie today for us. Time to relegate him to the rear. If we post more about him, we’ve really hit bottom.  Let’s put it all behind us, OK?

Hiney.

1. Old Gator - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I’m all for that, and I heartily agree with Mattingly’s assessment, though I can’t claim to be free of malice. Let’s see if we can get Slobbering Ozzie to stop posturing like basura de remolque for a while and limit himself to the use of the thumbs up or down buttons for the rest of the week.

• stlouis1baseball - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Come on Gator! Wouldn’t it have been easier just to post “trailer trash?”
      Geesh Man…sometime you drive me crazy!

• Old Gator - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Just a way of emphasizing the ethnic aspect of life as she is lived here in Macondo. If you lived here, you’d probably be speaking Espanglish too – or, you would be if you wanted to get your toilet fixed, grass cut, roof tarred, pizza delivered….though not necessarily in that order….

• aceshigh11 - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Your hate has made you powerful, Old Gator.

• cur68 - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Gator wields a mean double-ended word-sabre. He’s, like, Sith Lord good with that thing. Zap! Ozzie’s a pile of charred fiber. The trouble is that Ozzie’s got Wolverine-like regenerative powers so he just springs back, anew and more crazed than ever.

• Old Gator - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Well, obviously, I wasn’t going to learn it from no steenkin’ Jedi.

2. xmatt0926x - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Ozzie is the the best example of self-promotion I’ve seen in a long time. He’s baseballs version of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardshian. Famous for being famous.

• jlove42 - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM

…Or coaching the White Sox to their first World Series championship in 88 years. I don’t know… that might have helped

• Old Gator - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yes, it might have – but not nearly as much as being an irremediable greaseball and assclown at every opportunity. Let’s face it, it works for Paris and Kim. Why shouldn’t it work for Slobbering Ozzie?

3. bigharold - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hey, .. if Donnie Baseball is calling you a little shit, … you must be.

• baseballisboring - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM

What a baller ass nickname. I wish people would call me Johnny Baseball.

• nolanwiffle - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quit being a moron, Johnny Baseball! Now screw off.

4. DJ MC - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Now we need someone to get former president and future commissioner George W. Bush on tape calling him a major-league…uh, manager.

5. hoopmatch - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Guillen and Mattingly played against each other for 11 years, so Don’s opinion probably isn’t limited to experience with Ozzie as a manager.

6. SOBEIT - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Time to take my dogs for a walk and let them drop some little ozzies.

7. baseballisboring - Mar 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I totally missed the joke until I read “Hiney”. Is this week over yet?

8. buffalomafia - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Did I just read George Bush as future Commish? I thought Joe Torre was next Commish?

9. stlouis1baseball - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Somebody…ANYBODY…please advise as to what the hell this means!
    “User stlouis1baseball Cannot Access the Dashboard Requested”
    It is happening about 85% of the time now. I log in…and get that error message.
    Then I click on the link in the email to whatever particular article I am trying to read and it opens with no problems w/ me logged on.
    Sorry for the hassle people. Please know I sent message to Word Press about 2 weeks ago and I haven’t received a response.

• stlouis1baseball - Mar 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM

LOL! Thanks for the assistance fellows. Hahaha! Wow…tough crowd today.

• cur68 - Mar 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Okay, fine. I’ll guess then. If I’m wrong, which I probably am, I hope it doesn’t waste your time. I think, but do not know for sure, that its because you’re logged in already and you’re not logging out when you close your browser. I think you MIGHT have some setting on which is keeping you logged in and you’re trying to re-log in, hence getting that message. My GUESS is that you should log out, then close your browser OR find whatever setting you have on in your browser preferences that deals with passwords and turn it off. I’m not at all sure this is the problem though, but its very similar to the issues I have with my job’s ultra-secure website log in. Anyhow, good luck.

10. hushbrother - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

It tuchus long enough to realize this

• byjiminy - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I’m glad someone finally got back to the real topic. Though I think Craig should have maybe used a few more assterisks. Not to be anal, but you never know if things will come out on paper the way you expect. But I guess I should just drop it already.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Mar 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Oh come on, don’t make an ass of yourself

• stlouis1baseball - Mar 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Hahaha! What’s he dropping Church?

• stlouis1baseball - Mar 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM

?

11. nightman13 - Mar 29, 2012 at 4:00 PM

This article = poop$hit

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. G. Stanton (3975)