Mar 29, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Really lookin’ forward to some Jim Thome at first base, guys. Because whenever stuff like this diving stop happens, my Thome love — which has always been considerable — only grows greater.
Just can’t stop smiling. Which, I realize, will be offset when he inevitably breaks his pelvis in six places while trying to make a routine play at some point in early May, but for now it’s glorious.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)