Mar 29, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Really lookin’ forward to some Jim Thome at first base, guys. Because whenever stuff like this diving stop happens, my Thome love — which has always been considerable — only grows greater.
Just can’t stop smiling. Which, I realize, will be offset when he inevitably breaks his pelvis in six places while trying to make a routine play at some point in early May, but for now it’s glorious.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)