Mar 29, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Really lookin’ forward to some Jim Thome at first base, guys. Because whenever stuff like this diving stop happens, my Thome love — which has always been considerable — only grows greater.
Just can’t stop smiling. Which, I realize, will be offset when he inevitably breaks his pelvis in six places while trying to make a routine play at some point in early May, but for now it’s glorious.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106