Mar 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera‘s return from a fractured orbital bone was delayed slightly, but manager Jim Leyland announced that he’ll be back in the Tigers’ lineup tomorrow and is expected to play the remainder of their spring training games.
And yes, he’s still going to play third base despite taking a hard one-hopper off the face 10 days ago.
Cabrera was hitting above .400 this spring before the injury and Leyland has said that he’ll be “shocked” if he’s not in the Opening Day lineup.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 12
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 90
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)