Mar 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera‘s return from a fractured orbital bone was delayed slightly, but manager Jim Leyland announced that he’ll be back in the Tigers’ lineup tomorrow and is expected to play the remainder of their spring training games.
And yes, he’s still going to play third base despite taking a hard one-hopper off the face 10 days ago.
Cabrera was hitting above .400 this spring before the injury and Leyland has said that he’ll be “shocked” if he’s not in the Opening Day lineup.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (199)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)