Mar 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera‘s return from a fractured orbital bone was delayed slightly, but manager Jim Leyland announced that he’ll be back in the Tigers’ lineup tomorrow and is expected to play the remainder of their spring training games.
And yes, he’s still going to play third base despite taking a hard one-hopper off the face 10 days ago.
Cabrera was hitting above .400 this spring before the injury and Leyland has said that he’ll be “shocked” if he’s not in the Opening Day lineup.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)