Mar 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera‘s return from a fractured orbital bone was delayed slightly, but manager Jim Leyland announced that he’ll be back in the Tigers’ lineup tomorrow and is expected to play the remainder of their spring training games.
And yes, he’s still going to play third base despite taking a hard one-hopper off the face 10 days ago.
Cabrera was hitting above .400 this spring before the injury and Leyland has said that he’ll be “shocked” if he’s not in the Opening Day lineup.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)