Mar 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera‘s return from a fractured orbital bone was delayed slightly, but manager Jim Leyland announced that he’ll be back in the Tigers’ lineup tomorrow and is expected to play the remainder of their spring training games.
And yes, he’s still going to play third base despite taking a hard one-hopper off the face 10 days ago.
Cabrera was hitting above .400 this spring before the injury and Leyland has said that he’ll be “shocked” if he’s not in the Opening Day lineup.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)