Mar 29, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
If you’re into the sappy love stuff, there’s a story over at MLB.com about how the Mariners’ Brendan Ryan proposed to his girlfriend in Tokyo yesterday. Just … awwwwwww.
But the best part was when Ryan was talking about the logistics of his proposal. Specifically, how he got the rock over to Japan:
The hyperactive Ryan thought of everything on this one, even realizing he shouldn’t trust himself to bring the engagement ring with him to Japan.
“One of the smartest things I ever did was give that thing to Felix [Hernandez],” Ryan said, “because I figured if anybody was going to lose it, he could afford it.”
Once again, the burden falls on King Felix.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)